Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Beginning

This blog is going to follow my experience installing Mac OS X on a Dell Mini 10v. At this point I have:
  1. Ordered a Dell 10v ( N270 processor, 1 GB RAM, 6 cell battery, 802.11n wireless and 160GB harddrive)
  2. Ordered a bluetooth card from eBay
  3. Created a bootable Snow Leopard 8GB USB stick using instructions at MechDrew's site
  4. Created a BIOS downgrade to A04 bootable USB using instructions here.
My plan when I get Dell is the following:
  1. Run it up using Dell's XP install and confirm hardware works (wireless, sound, webcam, etc.)
  2. Use some partition re-sizer (gparted?) and resize the XP partition to somewhere around 40 GB
  3. Install Snow Leopard per MechDrew's instructions for a dual boot unit in an attempt to preserve XP install
  4. Try it out
Based on the mydellmini forum I am expecting the following challenges:
  1. Waking unit on sleep
  2. Keeping BIOS settings
  3. Sound

No comments:

Post a Comment